This Agreement contains the terms and conditions that apply to customers for purchases from The Builder Depot, LLC. (hereinafter referred to as “thebuilderdepot”) and thebuilderdepot entity named on the invoice that will be provided to you (“Customer”) on orders for products sold. Customer agrees to be bound by and accepts this Agreement as applicable to Customer’s purchase of product(s) from thebuilderdepot, and/or the thebuilderdepot Internet Website hereinafter named the “Site.” As a condition of sale, Customer agrees to be bound by and accepts these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any of the terms of sale please do not use this website.
1. ORDER ACCEPTANCE POLICY Customer’s receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify thebuilderdepot acceptance of Customer’s order, nor does it constitute confirmation of thebuilderdepot offer to sell. All orders are accepted in Georgia, USA. Thebuilderdepot reserves the right at any time after receipt of Customer’s order to accept or decline Customer’s order for reasonable cause including but not limited to lack of availability of products, failure by Customer to satisfy payment terms, product suitability to project, and/or breach by Customer of this Agreement. If payment has been remitted for the purchase and thebuilderdepot cancels Customer’s order, thebuilderdepot shall forthwith issue a refund equal to the amount remitted for the unaccepted or cancelled order.
2. PAYMENT TERMS Terms of payment are within thebuilderdepot sole discretion and unless otherwise agreed to by thebuilderdepot, payment must be received or otherwise authorized or secured in a form approved by thebuilderdepot prior to thebuilderdepot acceptance of an order. Payment for the products will be made by approved credit card, wire transfer, electronic funds transfer or some other prearranged payment method agreed to by thebuilderdepot. Invoices are due and payable by the payment date(s) specified through electronic (including but not limited to e-mail), facsimile (fax) and/or verbal confirmation between thebuilderdepot and the customer. Thebuilderdepot may invoice parts of an order separately. Any quotations given by thebuilderdepot will be valid for the period stated on the quotation. Thebuilderdepot reserves the right to adjust or cancel quotations as required.
3. SHIPPING Customer is responsible for all costs related to shipping product to the location specified by Customer. It is Customer’s responsibility to provide contact information that allows the shipper to contact Customer when shipment is made. Shipping rates are for standard pick-up and curbside delivery only. Additional storage and/or shipping charges and other warehouse charges may apply if Customer cannot be contacted, or is not available, to receive product; or if product is redirected upon Customer’s request. If a shipping rate is quoted at an incorrect rate due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from thebuilderdepot suppliers, thebuilderdepot shall have the right to refuse, adjust, or cancel any orders placed whether or not the order has been confirmed or whether or not payment has been remitted. Customer is responsible for inspecting freight for shortages or signs of damage upon receipt of goods. All freight, loss, and damage claims must be filed with thebuilderdepot within TEN (10) days from the date the shipment was delivered. In the unlikely case that goods are damaged thebuilderdepot will arrange to either re-ship product (at thebuilderdepot’s expense) or provide to the customer a compensation credit or full refund for the value of the goods damaged.
It is not unusual to have 2% - 3% of the tile broken to some degree (e.g. chipped edges, scratches). Scratched or damaged tile can still be installed when cut. Most damage only every occurs on tiles and most tile is installed in a brick format, quite simply the when cut the damaged part of the tile can be discarded. Any amount up to 5% is still considered acceptable. These damaged tiles can be used for the cuts you will need to make. If breakage is above 5%, we would ask you to have it noted on the logistics receiving document and take pictures. Please make a claim with us within 10 days of receiving the order.
A tracking number will be sent to the email address you enter when placing your order. The customer must correctly enter a working email address. It is the customers responsibility to track the shipment and to make sure that they are there to accept the delivery or someone they have designated on their behalf. Please note gmail.com and yahoo.com email accounts will send tracking information 95% of the time to your spam folder so please check.
4. TAXES Customer is responsible for all sales, use, excise, value-added and other charges associated with the order, however designated, including any duties, clearance charges or other destination charges. If applicable, a separate charge for such items will be shown on thebuilderdepot invoice.
5. TITLE; RISK OF LOSS Title to product passes from thebuilderdepot to Customer upon completion of shipment of product to Customer by thebuilderdepot, unless otherwise stated in terms of purchase (e.g. Letter of Credit). Loss or damage to products that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by thebuilderdepot is thebuilderdepot responsibility.
6. PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE Due to the considerable variation in quality of marble, white marble and the different grade levels of Carrara from Italy. All Carrara marble products are excluded from the price match guarantee.
7. QUOTES VIA EMAIL Quotes can be sent via email. Once you email a request for a quote we will send you a quote back via email. We ask that you please check the quote throughly. Please check the quantity, product name, finish and sizes of the products along with the shipping address. If there are any errors or changes please email us immediately. Once you confirm the quote is correct, your order is sent to accounting who send a PayPal invoice. The order processed is what you confirm back to be correct. Please note that changes can not be made once your order has shipped.
8. PRODUCT SIZES AND CALIBRATION The sizes on the website 12x24" and 8x16" are NOT to be used as EXACT sizes but just a guide. Tiles will vary from quarry to quarry. The tiles are not Calibrated nor are they Rectified (which means every tile is not the same). The dimensions on the site are just a guide - that is all. For those that need exact dimensions please order a sample and note on the comments the exact size you need. Ordering a sample, measuring the sample and then working directly with us to ensure we ship from the same lot will help in getting the size you are looking for. Natural stone is not a rectified product. None are. This is particularly more so in formats smaller that 6x12" where the tolerance of thickness can be +/- 2mm in size. Please consider this in the complexity of your design. If your design requires exact specific calibration and size then please email before you order as we would have to special order and have that product priced.
This holds true for all manufactured products as well. Glass tiles even has lots or differences. During the winter the shade and size will be different to the humidity in the summer it is just the speed of the cooling effect, the same applies to any and all products. If your design is complex for example using white and blue glass tiles in a checkered effect, then please contact us before hand. Communicate your plans. It is a simple check our end, a few minutes. That is all. A moment in the beginning can save hours at the end.
9. RESPONSIBILITY The buyer is responsible for both inspection and acceptance of our materials prior to installation. The buyer is also responsible for determining whether this product is appropriate for a particular installation. Use of the tile constitutes full acceptance. No adjustments or refunds will be made after the tile has been installed. DO NOT ARRANGE A CONTRACTOR UNTIL THE PRDUCT HAS ARRIVED AND BEEN INSPECTED.
10. PRICING ON BLOGS, HOUZZ, AND MORE With decades in this industry there will be references to prices on blogs even our blog that can be decades old. Our own blog has over 500 posts dating back half a decade. At the time of the post the price was accurate (at that specific date of time it was posted) we cannot change and find every price on the world wide web, especially those published on sites we do not even own, this may cause some confusion and we apologize for that, some times it is a positive surprise as the price maybe lower on our site in other cases the price maybe higher as costs have risen. The only valid price are those on thebuilderdepot.com website.
11. SAMPLES A small part or quantity intended to show what the whole is like. You can purchase a maximum of two samples they are not intended to be used as actual orders so you do not have to purchase the entire product.