Generally mosaic orders under 30SF ship ground (unless they are larger formats like 4" or 5" Hexagon where freight and the pallet is needed to support the shipment). Freight shipments are 30 square feet or more and these shipments are shipped curbside delivery. For ground shipments UPS will drop those at front door and a signature is not required. However please note it is at UPS's discretion if a person is needed to be there. If they decide the area looks unsafe or conditions not suitable (raining or uncovered porch for example) they will not leave the package. They will leave a note. They will make three delivery attempts and then send back (this only seems to happen in 1% of all shipments).
******ORDERS LARGER THAN 30 SQUARE FEET CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO A UPS STORE****** (UPS Stores will not accept pallet deliveries, that is not their business unless you have previously agreed it with them, then please communicate that with us).
If you are placing an order for 30 to 40SF and need it to ship ground as you cannot be at home to accept the delivery, please let us know. Please understand the risk of UPS shipping ground, they see "Fragile Handle with Care Labels" as a suggestion, so you need to over order by 20-30% to account for the damage when they throw the box around. We prefer to ship freight as it then goes on a pallet. They cannot throw a pallet. No damage :)
Every shipment is emailed tracking once it leaves our warehouse. Please use a good email address when you checkout. We will not give or sell your email address to anyone. It is our primary method of communication. If you use a gmail.com account or yahoo account, please check the spam folder for emails from us. That way when we send tracking or any emails we can be sure you receive them.
1. For shipments booked residential the shipping company will make an appointment for delivery (commercial shipments will not receive a phone call), you have to be there to accept the delivery otherwise they cannot deliver. Understandably there will be a cost associated with having to take your shipment back to the terminal. Then call you again to make a new appointment and re-deliver. Please try not to leave this to your contractor. Many decide to not wait on the site, go for coffee or take the day off. Please understand you will have to pay the redelivery charge.
2. If your order is under 85SF and shipping UPS ground please, please, please go online and track it. See when it will be delivered to you. Be involved in your shipment and help us unsure that it gets to you safely and in a timely manner.
Freight shipments are on a pallet or inside a wooden crate. They are delivered by truck with lift-gate. Signature is required for delivery. The shipping company will call prior to delivery to arrange a day and time.
Once upon a time this shipping page had just two points. But it had to be extended to account for every possibility otherwise someone will say "the driver did not carry my 2,000Lbs order up to the 95th floor (even though the elevator is out) this is completely unacceptable - you people need to refund everything and pay me XYZ". So now sadly we have to account for the unreasonable. Okay so this point. You know your home. This is not your first delivery (most likely) if you live on a farm and the road cannot be accessed by a heavy truck (for example bridge cannot take more than 4,000Lbs) then the truck cannot get to your home. Do not expect the one driver to carry it to your front door. Make arrangements to meet the driver. The truck will leave the crate and you will have to ferry back and forth the boxes of marble. Equally if your home has a long narrow winding driveway and the truck cannot get down it, you will need to plan ahead. You know your own home so please plan around it.
3. Freight Shipment Delivery and Lead Times: All delivery dates are estimates. We cannot guarantee specific deadlines. We recommend booking installation after receipt of the product.
4. When ordering your product please pay close attention: When completing the "ship to" details, it may seem obvious but please pay close attention. Do not just enter a rough address, or a different address, or because it is a second or third order enter something else and assume we will just "work it out", or enter the wrong address and email us the correct address and so on. Be accurate. We ship to exactly what you enter as the ship to address on your order. Freight companies will charge to change the ship to address, we will pass this cost onto you.
5. Please order everything at once: Particularly for marble, it allows us to match the lots. If you require subsequent product for the same project please contact us before ordering, so we can attempt to try and ship from the same lot as before. There is no guarantee a second shipment for the same job will match in shade and size. There is a variation of +/- 6mm for each tile measurement, between each lot. We are not involved in your installation plans (we are not installers). Measure correctly the first time it will save you money, time and if we do not have a match a very difficult email conversation.
6. Please order everything at once: Particularly for marble, it allows us to match the lots. (This is no accident we really are pointing this out twice). If you require subsequent product for the same project please contact us before ordering, so we can attempt to try and ship from the same lot as before. There is no guarantee a second shipment for the same job will match. We are not involved in your installation plans (we are not installers). Measure correctly the first time it will save you money, time and if we do not have a match a very difficult email conversation (now we have said it twice please have a professional measure, if you do not have enough your issue is not with us are tiles are still a square foot and the room did not grow).
If you did not order everything at once we cannot guarantee we will have the same lot or quarry available to ship you additional product. If you place another order you need to add in the comments to go with order 12345 and reference the previous order number. There are thousands of shipments that could have shipped since you placed your order. If you come online under a different email address, ship to address, use a different CC card, Name, etc. (any of these things are different) We are not going to know these orders are linked (How could we? If we could read minds we would not be doing this for a living). So please help us out. Communicate. This is the same as samples. You order samples wait a month and then place your order. The order will come from another lot. Ask for pictures. Communicate with us please this will avoid disappointment. We cannot be help responsible for orders that do not match samples from a month ago.
Click here If you did not order everything at once and now need to place a subsequent order. There is a process we need to go through that you should read to ensure the second shipment matches - if possible.
7. How should I inspect my freight shipment and what if product is missing? Firstly you or your designated representative must be there to meet the truck for a freight shipment. Inspect the outside of the boxes for any signs of damage. If the product is damaged the boxes will show distress and be torn. Open boxes while the driver is there. You have paid for a service at least check some of the boxes (it left our warehouse in perfect condition). Any damage note it on the shipping slip. If you do not note the damage we cannot file a claim on your behalf.
We list the product description and quantity on the packing slip. Please check the boxes to make sure everything matches what you ordered. Pencils and trims will always be on the top of the pallet, please ensure when you receive the pallet they are still there and intact.
What if product is missing? Call us to arrange for the replacement of the damaged product or any boxes that may be missing. You must contact us within 10 business days in regards to any missing product. Otherwise we cannot claim, we cannot ask UPS to look in their terminal. The right to file a claim is lost. As how can anyone know weeks later was it damaged during installation, carrying from crate to shower and thrown away by installers, there are a range of reasons why it must be inspected and checked. We allow 10 days for this most companies allow just three.
8. What if there is damage? Don't Panic! Make a note on the delivery slip (BOL) for the amount of any damaged boxes or the amount of missing cartons – even make a note that there is damage. Ask them to call their supervisor if necessary especially if there is not time for the driver to wait for you to check the package – this will allow Freight Company to leave the amount of damage open and wait for you to call them with the exact quantity. Sign the delivery slip and receive both the damaged and undamaged product. Please read our Damage Policy
9. Being prepared for freight shipment: Freight shipments are curbside deliveries so you will need to be prepared to move the material into your home. You need to be there when the pallet delivers. If you or someone else cannot meet the truck please do not order until a time when you can. This is a vital part of the process.
10. What is curbside delivery? When a palletized shipment is delivered it will be unload at the street. For liability reasons, this is standard practice by all carriers. It will be your responsibility to move the material into the home. Many customers arrange help accordingly (hint: your contractor is a good resource).
11. Ground Shipment: All UPS ground shipment claims must be made within 3 business days (please open the boxes and check once you receive the boxes). This enables us to ship you more product (less 5% acceptable damage) at our cost - because we can file a claim with UPS. After that time (for example 10 days) UPS will argue that the installer, contractor or home owner damaged the product.
Shipping to UPS terminal is $175 per pallet - approximately 360SF can fit onto one pallet.
Lost Shipment. 0.2% of shipments get lost. This can cause delay. We have to inform UPS they are (and any other shipping company untitled to 72 hours to look for the shipment before re-shipping the product at their cost). So we have to follow the procedure. We generally re-ship and take the risk within 48 hours. If they find the shipment after the 48 hours but within 72 they send the product on and we loose significantly. If this loss of shipment impacts your time frame please let us know. Otherwise we work under the premise of reshipping the order with a slower time frame.
12. How can I track my order? Your tracking number will be emailed to the email you provided when you place your order. So please do not leave an email address that you do not check or do not have access to (we will not sell your email or spam you, ever). Once you have the tracking number it is your responsibility to monitor the shipment. Please notify us of any delays or if the shipment seems to be frozen.
We replace your product and work with the delivery companies on shipping claims. This is full service with us filing your claim providing you sign for the damage upon receipt of the shipment. We replace the product once we have a copy of the receipt noting the damage. (If we ship product prior to this and then cannot retrieve the slip then we cannot claim back the damaged product).
If you do not sign for shipping damage on the BOL at the time of delivery we lose our ability to file a claim with the delivery company on your behalf. This means we are not able to provide you with replacement material at no cost and you have to file a claim with the shipping company on your own.
Inspection: Claims for shortages or damages must be made upon receipt of the product and noted on the BOL. Purchaser/installer is responsible for final inspection. Do not install defective product. Use and attempted installation constitutes acceptance.
13. What if I am shipped the wrong item by mistake? Accidents happen, some of our products are quite similar. It is rare but they do happen. We will fix it at our cost shipping it out to you UPS ground. We will ship you the correct product and pick up the wrong. This will add a few days to your project.
Please wait until you receive the product before you arrange any contractors or installers to work on the products you have purchased from us. There are many variables in shipping we cannot control (weather for example and if we could believe me, we would not be selling marble) which may lead to potential delays. We make errors as well (they happen). Please wait until you have the product at your home, residence or store before arranging a date with an installer.
Do not book installers based on the ETA you receive from UPS via The Builder Depot email. The three letter abbreviation of ETA is important it is "Estimated". Not GTA which would be Guaranteed Time of Arrival (I made that up - no regular freight company offers this service - that is for Helicopters and moving organs). Sorry off point. The point is wait. Get the product in and look at it. Then you book the installer. It is "Estimated" because of the incredible list UPS provides that can impact its shipping time and change it, everything from lightening to wars. Apologizes to everyone who is well aware of this and the term estimated, however it is an important point to make. If you MUST have tile by an EXACT date that is just 3 days away and shipping time is 3 days. Do NOT order. Buy your tile locally. You have left it too late. Last week was the perfect time to order from us. But now the lack of planning or issues with the job will become our problem. That is not how we work. We do not want you upset or put out. We want you happy. Assuming an ETA is an exact date is not correct. Please do not. Thank you for understanding and apologize if anyone is offended by the candid nature of this paragraph. But as with everything we do, we are 100% upfront!
• Please note that up to 5% of your order/tile damaged, chipped, broken or scratched, polished instead of honed, honed instead of polished (please do not make us write every possible scenario and be reasonable) is acceptable. Not everything will be absolutely perfect (there I said it - we will do our best but we are not perfect). Chipped tiles are not a complete loss they can cut and installed where cut pieces are needed. Our quality of stone is very high, prices very low. To compensate we do cut and produce the stone tiles faster than most companies. Therefore there can be some imperfections, scratches, chips and even a few mixed up pieces. We estimate that risk to be acceptable up to 5%. If you do not agree and need perfect tiles, then please buy from a local retailer where you can pick up the tiles and examine each one for yourself.
This is 5% of the entire order. If you order multiple products totaling 1,000SF and 4 tiles are damaged then that is 0.4% this is completely acceptable.
Tiles can be broken during transit. A broken tile can still be used. Tiles will need to be cut during installation to finish the ends, use the broken tiles or trim pieces for this purpose. Mosaics can get some damage in shipping. We ship mosaics UPS or FedEx. While this is not the safest way to ship it is the most affordable and we have yet to have damage greater than 3.5%. Mosaics can be removed from the mesh. They are designed that way. For example there 42 pieces of 2" Hexagon on a sheet. If 4 tiles are damaged on a 10 sheet order this represents less than 1%. We are not going to ship you 4 new sheets for 4 damaged mosaic pieces (in the same way if you have an accident and dent a car door you do not have to buy them a new car, you replace the door - if anyone has a better analogy please let us know). In fact for this damage of less than 1% we are not going to do anything. We are not going to do anything unless the damage is over 5%. (Example A: 20 Sheets of 5x5" Hexagon. 5 tiles to a sheet equals 100 tiles, if 4 tiles are damaged/broken we are not going to be able to help as this is 4%. Example B: Same as before 20 sheets shipped except 7 tiles are now damaged. In this case we spring into action and ship out three 5x5" hexagon tiles). Please be reasonable with claims and help us keep our costs low for everyone.
You will want to over order. You want to be able to save 10-15SF. It is amazing having done this for over 2 decades the number of customers that come back and after some electrical work or plumbing work need the same glass, porcelain, marble to match, this is impossible. The only match is what you are ordering now. It is great you have found an incredible price, remember to protect it by keeping a few boxes.
Damage occurs in shipping and during manufacturing. It is not extreme it is generally under 5% more than 5% then we are here to help. If you do not agree with this and require perfect tiles please do not purchase from our website.
PLEASE NOTE OUR MOSAIC TILES ARE CUT BY SAW AND NOT WATER JET CUTTING. WATER JET CUTTING IS A SLOW PROCESS THAT GUARANTEES PERFECTION IN THE CUT. THE COST FOR THIS STARTS AT $50.00 A SQUARE FOOT. SAW CUTTING CAN LEAD TO MINOR IMPERFECTIONS AND CHIPPING ON THE EDGES BUT IT IS AFFORDABLE.
Please order a sample of the mosaic before you buy to make certain any minor imperfections are acceptable. Our mosaics also have an acceptable tolerance on alignment of the stone, mosaics are aligned in a mold and not in a laboratory. The aliment has a acceptable tolerance of +/- 1mm.
SHIPPING TIMES ARE JUST AN ESTIMATE AND CAN VARY BY 4-5 DAYS. IF YOU NEED THE PRODUCT BY A SPECIFIC DATE PLEASE COMMUNICATE THIS TO US SO WE CAN GET A QUOTE FOR GUARANTEED DELIVERY.
COMMERCIAL DELIVERIES MAY OR MAY NOT GET A PHONE CALL PRIOR TO DELIVERY. PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE BUSINESS AND EMPLOYEES IN RECEIVING ARE AWARE OF THE INCOMING SHIPMENT.
• Shipping Exceptions: Our shipping rates are valid for only the lower 48 states and delivery locations that are part of mainland USA. Islands off the United States like Nantucket or many of the smaller islands that require ferry delivery would have to be individually quoted. You can place your order online but we have to come back and invoice for additional shipping.
An example of the cost: Shipping to Cape Cod Express in Wareham, MA is just $175.00 for a pallet (flat rate shipping). Shipping the same pallet onto Nantucket Island is $2,375.00. We recommend that anyone wishing to ship to an Island off the USA ship to a local terminal, pick it up and take it over themselves. Freight companies do not want to ship over to small US Islands.